Arsenal are set to sign Brazilian international left-back Andre Santos from Fenerbahce for a fee of around £6.2m.
Santos is on route to London as we speak and will sign a 4 year contract after completing his medical, provided nothing unusual happens that is.
- Born Andre Clarindo dos Santos, on March 18, 1983, he was placed in the Figueirense academy at an early age.
- Santos was promoted to the A team on July 10, 2003.
- He spent 1 season on loan to Flamengo in 2005 and managed 22 games.
- The next season, he went on another loan spell. This time to Athletico Miniero; he played 28 games and scored 17 times.
- He signed permanently for Corinthians in 2008. He won the Série B, Copa do Brasil and Campeonato Paulista before leaving for Fenerbahçhe.
- He signed for the Turkish giants in 2009 for €9m.
- He made his international debut as a substitute in a match against Egypt on June 15, 2009.
- Santos played for Brazil as they won the Fifa Confederations Cup in 2009, but he did not make the 23-man squad for the 2010 World Cup Finals.
- He did return to play in the 2011 Copa America, but missed a penalty as Brazil lost to Paraguay on penalties in the quarter-finals.
What do you make of our new signing?