VANtastic performance : Players Ratings + Personal Notes
Posted by qed14
Okay, I won’t bore you with the details of our game over the weekend, as I expect you must have had more than enough match reports to get a full idea of what Saturday afternoon was all about.
So I’m just going to pick out a few stand out things and make a few points.
– We were at our attacking best and would have posted a cricket score but for an inspired goalkeeper between the sticks. 3-0 still isn’t a bad score. They had no single shot on target, mind you. Yes, we were that good!
– If we are going to have any chance of winning a trophy this season, we have to keep Cesc, Nasri and Van Persie fit for as long as possible. These guys are the difference between an average Arsenal side and a world class Arsenal team.
– We have started the same 11 players in our past 5 League games and kept 4 straight clean sheets. Looks as if we know who our first choice defensive pairing MUST be in the absence of TV5.
– It was good to see Chammy29 get some minutes again and it was more interesting to see that he’s had no issues with coming off the bench in our recent games. He is arguably the reason we are still just 5 points behind United! But with Van Persie’s form, he has to settle for a place on the bench. Poor lad.
– Although he can do no right at the moment, it was good to see a section of the fans give a rousing applause to Andrei Arshavin as he went to take a corner kick…really inspiring stuff! Exactly what he needs at the moment.
– I was a bit baffled to see Cesc looking not too happy on the bench after he was substituted. I was worried he wore that kind of face considering the kind of performance he’d just put in. My fears were however allayed after it was confirmed he was sad only because he had not scored. Pheeeeew…that dude is a winner, isn’t he?
On the whole, it was gladdening to see us put that Wigan team to the sword. Up next Ipswich visit the Emirates on Tuesday in a game which will move us closer to the end of our trophy drought. We win that one and we are in the finals. We are in the finals and I see no upsets. An Arsenal win, a Carling Cup trophy. It’s our chance, let’s take it!
It feels so good to be a gooner right now, we are playing some good footie and things are really fitting into place. Let’s hope it lasts till the end of the season.
Here’s a little transfer news and even thought its not the one we are all craving for, after days of speculation, its been reported that we’ve moved quickly to agree a deal to sign Southampton’s teenage sensation Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain. Here’s a link to know more about him.
9jabred signs out!
Escobar has got the ratings:
Chezzer – 6
Was He even on the pitch? Yes it was that bad as the young Pole was rarely troubled and had an uneventful afternoon.
Clichy – 7
Dealt well with the threat of Nzogbia and Stam and did well to join the attack. Good game from the Frenchman
JD – 7
What an easy outing for JD, barely broke sweat as he and his defensive partners were spectators for most of the match if not the entire match
Kozzer – 7
He won’t have it any easier than this, the frenchman could even afford to dribble out of his own half on more than one occasion.
Sagna – 7
The best right back in the League enjoyed another solid game. Had little to do at the back and went forward at ease.
Song – 7.5
Was very dominant from start to finish as he and Wilshere bossed the centre of the park and the assist was the cherry on the cake for him really.
Wilshere – 7
Steady, composed and good passing from the young English man. Rarely had to hit top gear.
Fabregas – 8.5
Captain Marvellous, brilliant display from the Spaniard, ran the show today as his passes were of the highest quality, two assists, winning the penalty and all these despite the roughhouse tactics from the Lactics.
Nasri – 7
Not as influential as he’s been all season, but still tested the goalkeeper on an occasion. Performed pretty well on the left of attack.
Walcott – 7
A lot of running and creating chances that weren’t converted, also had a shot on goal which Al Habsi was equal to. Held off Figueroa better than any target man could have to allow RVP net his treble.
RVP – 10
YES!!! 10. For the 2nd league game in a row, we’re giving him a perfect 10. His first league hatrick for Arsenal. He was simply brilliant and clinical and could afford to miss a penalty and hit the post.
Denilson – 4
Chammy – N/A
Arshavin – 4
From wherever you are reading, keep believing. It will happen this season!
Follow us on twitter at @goonermemoirs
About qed14God, Family, Arsenal...in that order. Follow on twitter: @q_e_d_14
Posted on January 23, 2011, in Match Ratings, Post-match thoughts and tagged Arsene, Arshavin, Cesc, Chamakh, Nasri, Robin VP, Wigan, Wilshere. Bookmark the permalink. Comments Off on VANtastic performance : Players Ratings + Personal Notes.
Comments are closed.